Anti-social behaviour

Everyone has the right to quiet enjoyment of their home. This means neighbours should consider whether their lifestyle may impact on others.

Good neighbours communicate with one another and are able to resolve their differences peacefully.

Anti-social behaviour includes everyday incidents, such as overgrown gardens or noise nuisance from music, dogs nuisance and shouting, to more serious acts such as threatening behaviour or harassment.

We take all incidents of anti-social behaviour seriously and will help you to resolve the problem. However, we will expect you to take responsibility to resolve disputes with neighbours and to use available mediation services. Where a breach of tenancy has occured, evidence will be required and proportionate action taken.

Back to the list

Reporting anti-social behaviour

Before calling us to report anti-social behaviour have you considered how you can resolve the issue without our intervention? Often issues are best resolved between neighbours themselves.

You should report anti-social behaviour to us (but we will not deal with everyday living noises; children playing or issues with parking). Where appropriate we will refer your case to mediation.

Incidents relating to criminal activity must always be reported to the Police.

Reports can be made by the person experiencing the problem or by a friend/relative. There are various ways to report anti-social behaviour: