Compensation and charges

Compensation and charges

If you rent a home from us it is our responsibility to make sure the outside of your home is in good condition. We will repair fixtures and fittings inside your home such as heating systems and kitchen units and will cover the cost of these where damage has occurred through normal wear and tear. If a repair is needed as a result of an accident, carelessness or vandalism, we may charge you for it. This is called a re-charge.

If we manage your home on behalf of another landlord (for example, Legal and General Affordable Homes) different terms and conditions may apply. Please contact us to find out more.

If you own all, or part, of your home, you will need to pay a service charge for the services we provide to your home and building or block. 

You must leave your property in good condition when you move out. For more details on what is expected of you, please see the Moving out leaflet[pdf]

For more information about re-charges and the types of repairs you will have to pay for, please see the chargeable extras leaflet[pdf].


We use service charges to recover the costs we incur in providing day-to-day services to your building, property or community. We work it out in such a way as to ensure that you pay a fair share of the actual cost of the services that you receive. If you are a leaseholder, you will also be liable to pay ground rent