Back to the list

I have lost my job due to coronavirus. What support is available to me?

You can apply online for Universal Credit to get financial support if you have lost your job. The service is currently receiving a high number of applications, so it may take longer than usual for yours to be processed.

When applying, please select that you do have housing costs. You should separate out the basic rent from the service charges which is broken down in your tenancy agreement. Don’t forget, you have four rent-free weeks per year.

If you need any more information or help with your claim visit

  1. Coronavirus