We understand this may be a worrying time, so we have written to all of our customers today (17 March) to provide an update on the steps we are taking following the recent outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Advice on benefits and other support.
We understand this may be a difficult time, so we have created an FAQ guide to help you understand the benefits and other support that may be available if you are affected by coronavirus. You can view the FAQ guide here.
Based on the latest Public Health England guidelines, we’ve put enhanced health and hygiene measures in place in our housing schemes and have closed the Parkside Community Hub and our head office in Chelmsford. This is to make sure everyone is as safe as possible.
We will continue to provide any essential services you need. We have briefed all our teams at CHP to make sure:
- Where we provide cleaning services of communal areas these are maintained to the highest standard including regular sanitising of door handles, entry phones, light switches, window fixings and other items with high levels of contact;
- Our people frequently wash and sanitise their hands, when out and about in the course of their work;
- We limit our visits to your home so it is only for essential services such as repairs, and we make sure that when we do visit you our teams have all the necessary protective equipment to keep everyone as safe as possible;
- All community meetings and any external use of our facilities have been cancelled, including stopping the booking of guest suites in sheltered schemes;
- There are hand sanitisers in the entrances to all our sheltered schemes;
As many of our team members as possible are working from home in light with the latest government guidelines, and we continue keep a close eye on all of our people, to ensure they are fit and healthy.
If you or anybody living in your home does feel unwell and is staying at home to recuperate (self-isolating), we ask that you let us know as soon as possible. This is so we know how best to continue to deliver any essential services to you.
If you or anyone in your household is over 70 years old, pregnant or has an underlying health condition, from today we will offer you a revised service. This is in line with Government advice, to protect you and make sure that we do not unintentionally pass the virus on to anyone at greatest risk.
We know it may be a worrying time, not just in terms of your health but potentially your finances. If you have any further questions about what we are doing to help keep you safe, or any concerns about your ability to pay rent, please call our Service Centre on 0300 555 0500. We will do what we can to help you.
For the most up to date advice on the symptoms and what to do if you think you have them, please visit the two coronavirus official websites: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ and www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response.