Following the publication of the UK’s Government’s conditional recovery plans around coronavirus (COVID-19), we are now able to resume some of the work that we had to suspend when lockdown began. This means that from this week you will start to see more of our team out and about:
- As well as helping with any emergencies, we are now starting to provide other repairs. We’ll begin with the ones we already know about but if you need to book a new repair, please call our Service Centre on 0300 555 0500;
- Our grounds maintenance is returning back to normal levels;
- We are gradually going to be letting more properties. If you’re already waiting for your new home with us, we will be in touch as soon as we know we can start your move. For the time being, mutual exchanges are still on hold;
- We are going through all existing requests for adaptations to see which ones we can start to help with;
- Wherever possible, we will continue to provide support without coming into your home. When we do need to visit, we will check with you first to make sure you are well and not shielding. We will also make sure our team have all the necessary PPE and will let you know how we are making sure the visit is in line with the guidance from Government and Public Health England;
- We are continuing to do all we can to support anyone who is struggling to pay their rent due to coronavirus. If you are concerned about being able to pay your rent, we would be happy to agree a special arrangement with you and can also help you to claim any benefits you may be entitled to;
- We are still checking in regularly with people living in our homes who may need additional support and doing whatever we can to help. This includes making calls to everyone in our sheltered housing schemes and all those over the age of 60 or living alone;
- While our offices remain closed, we are still employing all our people and working from home where we can. This includes our Service Centre team who continue to be fully operational during lockdown. Our phone lines remain open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday so please do call us if you need our help.
The safety and wellbeing of our customers and our team remains our top priority. To make sure we can put this into practice, if we do need to visit your home we ask for your help in the following ways:
- If you or anybody living in your home is self-isolating or has coronavirus symptoms we ask that you let us know as soon as possible. For the most up to date advice on the symptoms and what to do if you think you have them, please visit the two coronavirus official websites: www.nhs.uk and www.gov.uk;
- Please make sure that wherever possible you keep two metres between you and any of our team. That includes when you open the door to let us into your home or if you see them outside your home;
- When we are working inside your home, keep the area where the work takes place well ventilated. If there are windows and doors to the area, please keep them open as much as possible while we are inside your property. Close all internal doors to rooms or areas away from where the work will be done. If you can, please leave the room or area while the work is taking place;
- Wherever we do any work we will clean the area when we have finished. If we have come into your home, for your own peace of mind we also advise that you also clean it after our visit.
If you have any questions about what we are doing to help keep you safe or any concerns about paying rent, please call our Service Centre on 0300 555 0500. We will do what we can to help you.
If you would like further information on how to access some of the benefits which may be available if your financial situation has been affected by COVID-19, please visit https://www.chp.org.uk/coronavirus-faqs.