We are pleased that the majority of our services can continue as normal during the current national lockdown. We have already made changes to make sure that we are keeping you safe and are monitoring the situation to make sure they stay that way.
Our services are currently working as follows:
- We’re offering a full responsive repairs service, as well as helping with any emergencies and continuing gas safety inspections. If you have any concerns about allowing people into your home, please contact us. We’ll reschedule any appointments if you have to self-isolate or if you’re clinically extremely vulnerable and are limiting your contacts;
- If we have to work inside your property, we will follow strict safety procedures. This includes cleaning all areas we’ve worked in. We also provide you with guidance before we visit, and we ask you to observe social distancing as much as possible while we’re in your home;
- We have up-to-date risk assessments for all our teams, and our people will use all the personal protective equipment (PPE) that’s needed for their work. This includes face coverings, if we have to work inside your home;
- Our grounds maintenance service is running as normal;
- We’re putting QR codes in all our sheltered schemes. This means that if you live in a sheltered scheme you, your carers and other essential visitors can be contacted by NHS Test and Trace if needed;
- We are helping people who want to move home, both by letting properties and with mutual exchanges. If you’re viewing one of our homes, we will provide advice around staying safe. We are also using virtual property viewing videos where we can;
- We are continuing to do all we can to support anyone who is struggling to pay their rent due to coronavirus. We will not evict anyone due to pandemic-related financial difficulty and we are happy to agree a special arrangement with anyone who is concerned about paying their rent. We can also help you to to claim any benefits you may be entitled to;
- We’re still checking in regularly with people living in our homes who may need additional support and doing whatever we can to help. This includes making regular welfare phone calls to our elderly and vulnerable customers;
- Our Parkside Community Hub remains closed to visitors but is offering remote advice to anyone who wants to improve their skills. We are also providing a range of free online courses for anyone who wants them;
- Keeping you and our team safe remains our top priority. It is therefore important that you tell us as soon as possible if you or anybody living in your home is self-isolating. That way we’ll know how best to continue to deliver any essential services to you.
If you have any further questions about what we are doing to help keep you safe, or any concerns about your ability to pay rent, please call our Service Centre on 0300 555 0500.