What are CHP's repair responsibilities?
Tenants: Making sure the property's structure, exterior, fixtures and fittings are safe, weatherproof and fit for human habitation.
- Repairing the structure and exterior of the building including roof, drains, gutters, downpipes, external doors and windows, chimneys, chimney stacks and flues (excluding sweeping);
- Painting and decorating the outside of your home;
- Internal walls, floors and ceilings (but not minor plasterwork);
- Repairing and maintaining heating, hot-water appliances, gas and water pipes;
- Repairing and maintaining kitchen units, baths, basins, sinks, showers and toilets (excluding blocked waste pipes or shower heads);
- Servicing, installing and repairing central heating systems, water heaters, fireplaces and fitted fires;
- Electrical wiring and fittings;
- Carrying out an annual gas safety check on all homes with a gas supply;
- Boundary walls, fencing and gates provided by us;
- Steps and footpaths leading to front or back doors;
- Repairing and maintaining communal entrances, halls, lifts, stairs and other communal facilities;
- Emergency repairs to make the property safe and secure (we may charge for the work if you need us to force entry).
- We will also keep the following in good repair and working order:
- Community alarm services in sheltered schemes;
- Communal TV and satellite systems.
We will also:
- Tell you who is responsible for the repair;
- Make an appointment with you to complete the work;
- Let you know how long the work will take;
- Let you know what charge we will make for repairs caused by neglect or deliberate damage;
- Consider granting permission for aerials if none exist and if the aerial or dish meets building regulations and our policy requirements.
Leaseholders: We are responsible for carrying out repairs to:
- The main structure of the building and communal areas including walls, foundations, communal doors, and the roof;
- All electrical, plumbing and drainage services that are shared with other flats in the block;
- External decorations and internal redecoration to communal areas;
- Gutters, downpipes, soffits, and fascias.
For more information please see the Repairs and maintenance leaflet[pdf] 2MB
- Repairs and alterations