Frequently asked questions

In this section you will find answers to lots of frequently asked questions (FAQs). If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, please contact us

Select a category from the list on the left or search by using a keyword. For example, to find all the questions and answers we have relating to rent, type 'rent' in to the search box on the top right of this page.

Back to the list

How can I find out if I am eligible for mutual exchange?

This answer applies to tenants only (not leaseholders).

If you hold an Assured, Protected Assured or Fixed Term tenancy you can register for a Mutual Exchange. This is when you exchange your home with another CHP tenant, another housing association tenant, or council tenant. Please note – all households participating in a Mutual Exchange must hold an Assured, Protected Assured or Fixed Term tenancy. To register you must complete and submit the mutual exchange form - online. Alternatively, complete and return the mutual exchange application form[pdf]. You cannot exchange your tenancy or property unless you have received consent from your landlord.

  1. Moving options