Frequently asked questions

In this section you will find answers to lots of frequently asked questions (FAQs). If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, please contact us

Select a category from the list on the left or search by using a keyword. For example, to find all the questions and answers we have relating to rent, type 'rent' in to the search box on the top right of this page.

Back to the list

How do I apply for a transfer?

This answer applies to tenants only (not leaseholders)

Tenants can apply to transfer to another CHP property. Most properties available for transfering tenants are situated in the Chelmsford area. These properties are advertised on the Homeoption choice based lettings website and allocated according to the allocations and lettings policy [pdf] 161KB .

Please complete and submit the housing transfer form online. Alternatively, complete and return the housing transfer form[pdf]. The information you provide will allow us to apply an appropriate priority (called banding) and size of property you would be eligible for.

  1. Moving options