We are committed to protecting your privacy and this privacy notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your personal data.
Personal data is the information we hold about you.
Our promises to you
We take the issue of your privacy extremely seriously and we promise to
- respect your personal data and keep it secure on your behalf;
- allow you to access the data that we hold about you;
- let you know how we use your data. We may update this notice, or contact you directly, from time to time to provide you with more information about how we use your data and protect your privacy;
- keep your data accurate and up to date by amending your records when you contact us or by asking you, from time to time, if the information we hold on you is still up to date;
- help you move your data to another landlord, if you want us to do so. If you stop having a tenancy with us, we will delete your data as soon as we are able to (certainly within 6 years) unless you still owe us money or have been evicted for anti-social behaviour, where we may keep your data for longer.
Who can you contact for more advice?
We don’t want to be intrusive and don’t want to ask you irrelevant or unnecessary questions. The information you give us will be kept securely to minimise the risk of it being accessed by someone who shouldn’t have it.
We have a Data Protection Officer who makes sure that we respect your rights and follow the law. If you have any questions please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Email: email@example.com (please put DPO in the email subject line);
Call: 0300 555 0500
By post: CHP Data Protection Officer, Myriad House, 33 Springfield Lyons Approach, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 5LB
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and other data sharing issues you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You can also contact the ICO directly if you think we have processed your data in a way which you think is unfair or unlawful, or are unhappy with how we protect your privacy rights in general:
Call: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545745.
By post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF