We are committed to protecting your privacy and this privacy notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your personal data.
Personal data is the information we hold about you.
The law gives you a number of rights to control what personal data is used by us and how it is used by us. You have the right to:
- Be informed about what we do with your data. This privacy notice (which may be updated from time to time) is the principal way we will do this;
- Access the data we hold about you;
- Object to CHP processing your data (on the basis of our legitimate interests);
- Tell us to correct your data where it is inaccurate and to ask us to stop processing your data until it has been corrected. If you think the data we hold on you is not accurate then please contact our Service Centre on 0300 555 0500 or visit our online portal;
- Ask us to erase your data. We will only do this if we no longer have any contractual obligations to you or there are compelling reasons to retain your data and we promise to explain these to you;
- Ask us to move your data to your new landlord free of charge if you transfer to another property owned by a different landlord.
You can request access to the data we hold about you by completing the subject access request form.
Who can you contact for more advice?
We don’t want to be intrusive and don’t want to ask you irrelevant or unnecessary questions. The information you give us will be kept securely to minimise the risk of it being accessed by someone who shouldn’t have it.
We have a Data Protection Officer who makes sure that we respect your rights and follow the law. If you have any questions please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Email: email@example.com (please put DPO in the email subject line);
Call: 0300 555 0500
By post: CHP Data Protection Officer, Myriad House, 33 Springfield Lyons Approach, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 5LB
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and other data sharing issues you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You can also contact the ICO directly if you think we have processed your data in a way which you think is unfair or unlawful, or are unhappy with how we protect your privacy rights in general:
Call: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545745.
By post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF