Repairs and alterations

If you rent a home from us we will make sure the outside of your home and the communal areas we own are in good condition. We will also repair fixtures and fittings inside your home, such as heating systems and kitchen units. It is your responsibility to maintain the inside of your home and carry out minor repairs.

If we manage your home on behalf of another landlord (for example, Legal and General Affordable Homes) different terms and conditions may apply. Please contact us to find out more.

To report a repair on the block or estate you can diagnose and raise up to three repairs with us at any time via the My Home portal. Alternatively you can call us on 0300 555 0500 or email  For more details please see our Homeowners section for information about repairs and maintenance.

For more details about repair responsibilities please download the  Repairs and maintenance leaflet [pdf] 2MB

Home alterations

If you would like to alter or improve your home (including installing a satellite dish) you must seek permission from us first. Please see our Home improvements and alterations leaflet[pdf] for more information. If you would like to apply for permission, please complete and return the Home improvements and alterations form[pdf] 1MB.

If you need to make changes to your home because of medical needs, please see the adapting your home section of this website.

Discretionary services

Due to coronavirus we are currently unable to offer our discretionary decorating service.